Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Dire Straits

Son#1 had a dance performance together with his class for the past 2 nights in a row, then Son#2 fell off the swings at school, scraping his entire left side of his face.
Not a flinch.
This kid is tough.
But:  back to what I was trying to say:  The boys are tired and need a break.

I decided to keep them home today - it would have been a short morning at school anyway.
We went for a one-buck-breakfast at the Hema in Breda, then I bought the boys new pants to replace their hole-riddled pairs, a jacket for Son#2 that actually fits, and new pajamas for all 3.
Everything went well-ish.

Now home, lunch finished, Son#1 and #2 are starting to fight again, and #3 needs to take a nap.

The husband is tired and misses a purpose to his life.
I don't know how to fix this.  
We need balance in some shape or form, but it seems that that much-craved balance is out of whack and that we've made a lot of wrong turns the last couple of years.
I'm not religious but this made me feel a bit better:


One needs to be calm and at peace in order to think logically and clearly, not just in a frantic survival-mode, but I don't know how to get to peace & calm.  
I don't know what it feels like to not be in frantic survival-mode anymore.
Any suggestions?

The husband's new eco-car arrived on Monday, only to break again on Tuesday.
Luckily, the husband and I first drove to Eindhoven's Van Abbe museum.
What a place.
Not only the art was magnificent, but the building itself was superb.  
Anyway, the road home saw the car's swift demise, and the husband had to quickly organize another car for today.
We miss the Volvo.

Perhaps we were born for a time such as this.
Perhaps these are the ashes, and soon we'll rise from it.
All I know is that we've had to deal with a lot of things the last few years, and we're tired now.
The breath knocked out, empty vessels.
But what to fill it with again, I don't know.


.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment