Wednesday, November 25, 2015

With ease

I met up with an old friend - she is utterly intelligent and utterly pragmatic.
No faffing around with jumbled emotions. 
Just clarity and simplicity, and her message was clear:
You need to be happy.
You need to do things that make you happy.
Even amidst negative things, find something positive and focus on that.
Check.

In the morning, I'll go pick up my Low Dose Naltrexone (and may the gods thoroughly bless my GP for that).
I'm sending blood off to Germany to test for chronic Lyme's disease.
It will cost a fortune, I'm sure, but it seems like the next necessary step.
I don't want whatever-I-have to get even worse, thankyouverymuch.


The kids are calm, except for Son#1 who seems to break down in tears every (bloody) time I ask him to study for a test.
We're already starting to scout for a high school, which will be largely determined by where his 2 best friends are going.
The husband borders on a breakdown, but with a bit of humour and Port we might bash our way through it.
You think that in your 40s life will be smooth sailing, but it isn't, you know.
You question everything.

Be kind to yourself.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment