Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cold, Wet

It rained all day, again.
The husband worked from home, and was kind enough to make me a fire this afternoon.
Cue Son#1 and Friend, sent off to the village shop to buy marshmallows.
It was lovely, one of those afternoons you want to hug gently for a long while.


Son#1 went AWOL to the Minecraft World and left the friend to play with Sons#2 and #3.

The appointment with the company doctor (I suspect she is autistic) was the same old boring tale, except that I got miffed at the end.
Once again I see that when someone has NO passion for their job, how that clearly shows.
I don't want to end up like that.

In the house, I wipe down a door here and there, slowly removing personal items for the imminent home swap.
I want to - have to - remove my dad's funeral notice which I haven't touched since November 2013.
A quick glance at a man my dad's age, build, complexion, familiar soft eyes - anything sets me off lately.
My tears are over quickly, but they are there.
It scares me how fragile and vulnerable to loss we really are.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment