Saturday, May 9, 2015

Trauma

My father-in-law turned 80 and we went to Dishoek with them to celebrate.
The wind whipped the sand up, nearly blowing us off the dune on the way down to the beach.
Birds surfing the airstreams overhead.
Rough seas too.


We sat inside and the boys played outside.
At one stage, I walked out to check on them, only to find Son#3 missing in action.
Full-scale panic.
Swallowed by the angry waves?
Abducted by a crazy kid collector?
Luckily, a lady just coming down from the dunes asked if I was looking for a boy with curls, whom she saw on the dune.


Up I ran, to eventually find him way down below in the car park, having crossed a road too.
After shocking tears and a dinner I was unable to taste, we went home.
Older and wiser.
Sigh.


.




No comments:

Post a Comment