Friday, March 27, 2015

C'est Le Weekend: The long road ahead

Son#3 had a try-out morning at school.
It went smoothly and without tears, as it usually does with Son#3, his bright blue enormous school bag on his back.
We live in the land of firsts.
Before picking him up, I watched him playing on a red tricycle, happy as a lark.
But going home, the taxing nature of a first day in the big world showed clearly. 


Home, we ate gold-wrapped Easter eggs, croissants with cheese.
I would like to go celebrate this milestone, but my 39 degree fever is a pain in the butt.
I sit, shivering, on the couch, wrapped in blankets.
We have coffee in the house, dinner for tonight.
The sun pokes-pokes through the clouds from time to time.
All good things.


.

2 comments:

  1. That picture moves me to tears.

    Thanks for your kick-ass words on my blog. Much needed these days.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! Every word is meant (& true, as I am never EVER wrong, haha).
      Hang in there, Roos. Good thoughts don't help lighten your burden, but I hope they make your living a bit lighter. TELL ME if you need something?
      xoxoxoxo

      Delete