Thursday, February 12, 2015

In their inebriated state

I have finally figured it out.
You have to deal with kids in the same way as you would deal with angry drunks.
Placate, placate, placate.

Their antics start, typically, between 1 and 4 a.m.
We don't sleep after that.
At least, I don't.
There is a strange and unsettling energy in the house.


Son#1 crawls into bed with me every night. 
We fall asleep, curled.
He burst into tears last night, worried that I'm going to die.
Methinks I should stop mentioning not feeling well or hospital visits or fever in front of him.

Work is a non-issue for now.
The thought of all that stress that will come at me with a clean bill of health, constricts my throat with nausea.  
I cannot have that level of stress and pressure again.
The strangest thing is that all previous experience and knowledge seem to be gone. 
Poof.
Not just work things either.

I love seeing my boys for lunch everyday.
I wish I could keep doing that.
Where is the Exit-sign? 
Will it come?

.


No comments:

Post a Comment