Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Read all about it

There it is.



It's true, you know.
Silence is beauty.
In abundance.
Sometimes it's better to be quiet (as we all know).
You hear things and voices you wouldn't normally hear.

Sigh.

My mom and I had a warm conversation last night.
My dad will still be in hospital for another 2 weeks, at least.
He goes up, down, up and down.
Yesterday was down again - he sleeps most of the time.
My mother misses talking to him.
She needs rest and care too.
Caring for a loved one does not originate from an endlessly deep vessel nor one that is easily replenished.

My dad has multiple tumours in his bones, it seems.
Exostosis - bony, painful protrusions.
It breaks my heart.
I miss arguing with him.
And the friction is in our similarity,  not our differences.
I love him so.

I get called by friends who care and friends who don't care.
I'd rather the ones-who-don't-care not call anymore.
When there is a crisis, one sometimes has perfect vision.
And in this crisis, my vision of who and what is significant in my life, is crystal clear.
Rather kindly let go of those that aren't willing to listen to my despair as I am to theirs.

But.
Too much seriousness for this Tuesday morning.
On to, what I hope will be, a good day.
Love you Mom, love you Dad.


.





No comments:

Post a Comment